Patients often don’t realize that they are suffering from temporomandibular joint disorder (TMJ or TMD) because the symptoms are so varied. You may think you have a different ailment entirely. A full examination by Santa Monica TMJ dentist Dr. Ana Brightleaf can help you understand if TMJ is causing your pain and discomfort and get you started on a pain-relieving treatment plan.
Common symptoms that are associated with TMJ include:
- Migraine-like headaches
- Facial pain that may radiate down into your neck and shoulders
- Ringing in your ears
- Popping or clicking of your jaw
- Pain in your jaw
- Tingling and numbness in your hands
- Difficulty with chewing or swallowing
- All of these symptoms can mean that you are suffering misalignment in your jaw. The network of muscles and tissues surrounding the area where your jaw connects with your skull are distressed by improper alignment. With proper neuromuscular dentistry treatment, you can be free of this pain and discomfort and get better functionality from your jaw and mouth.
If you are suffering with TMJ symptoms, please call 310-734-2511 or contact Brightleaf Cosmetic and Holistic Dentistry today to schedule your consultation with Santa Monica TMJ dentist Dr. Ana Brightleaf.