3 Santa Monica options to straighten your teeth
Many people have teeth that are not perfectly aligned, tightly crowded together or too far apart, and there are others who have extreme overbites or under-bites. If you have any of these alignment issues, and your dentist recommends braces, you may already be picturing yourself with a smile of gleaming silver metal.
The good news is, however, that there are more choices for orthodontia today than ever before. In fact, here are three options to straighten your teeth.
These practically invisible braces, as the name suggests, are a reliable, discreet way to achieve straighter teeth. While they are not optimum for every alignment issue, they are a very effective choice for correcting minor to moderate overbites, under-bites and cross-bites, as well as teeth that are overcrowded or unevenly spaced. Here are a few of the benefits to wearing Invisalign braces over traditional metal braces:
- They straighten your teeth almost invisibly
- You can remove them whenever you want
- Allows you to eat whatever you want in total comfort
- Makes it easy to clean and floss your teeth
- They are more comfortable than metal braces
- Invisalign requires less office visits
Bioliners offer a more affordable method for minor alignment issues, such as widely spaced or overcrowded teeth. Similar to Invisalign braces, they are made from ultra clear plastic, so they are more discreet than traditional braces. They also have many of the same benefits to Invisalign, because they are completely removable.
3. Adult braces
Even if your alignment issues require traditional, non-removable braces, there is more than one option to consider. These include:
- Ceramic braces: Although more expensive than metal braces, they work extremely well and are either clear or tooth colored, so they are less noticeable than metal braces.
- Metal braces: Today’s modern versions are a vast improvement from the bulky braces of the past. They are smaller and only adhere to the front of the tooth, making them more comfortable to wear.
- Lingual braces are placed on the back of your teeth and cannot be easily seen, however they are not optimum for everyone and very difficult to adjust.
How do you choose?
The only way to be sure you get the most effective teeth straightening treatment, is to ask your dentist. If you would like to learn more about adult braces, please schedule a complimentary consultation.